Monday, May 21, 2012

Style Edit Spotlight: Sarah Atallah

Cue Spotlight: Sarah Atallah
Age: 19
Hometown: Cincinnati, Ohio
Profession: Model (Red Model Management NYC)



SE: What sparked your interest in the fashion industry?
Sarah:  Random people would approach me and ask if I was model, and tell me I should look into it.  I would love to have a cool story to tell, like I was discovered serving ice cream at United Dairy Farmers, but it just didn’t happen like that.  I met with Jake Lang at Wings, and that is when it all started!

SE: What was the first job you booked? 
Sarah: I was fortunate to have been selected to represent Donna Salyers’ Fabulous Furs, a wonderful brand that produces beautiful clothing in faux fur.

SE: What has been your favorite job so far?
Sarah:  I have had so many wonderful jobs but one stands out as so uniquely different.  It was an equestrian themed runway show at the Kentucky Horse Museum for the Prince of Saudi Arabia.  All the clothing was designed by a Paris designer named Yahya Albishri. The clothing was vintage inspired with long flowing gowns and hand stitched bejeweled details.  It was a show I will never forget.

SE: Who are your favorite designers? (Try to give us a variety from a price-point perspective.)
Sarah: Well, personally, the designers that make clothing that I can afford to buy are my favorite.  I like designers that try hard and stay true to their vision.  To be honest, I’m still learning who they all are!

SE: What is your go-to outfit?
Sarah: I am a huge fan of comfort, and the color black.  I will usually throw on a pair of skinny jeans and a fitted V neck blouse.  Anything that accentuates the collar bones is usually attractive.  Silver accessories are always a classy go-to item.  I always carry a pair of back up shoes, which came in handy one summer day when I stepped out of a cab, into a lovely glob of hot tar.

SE: You have great skin. What cosmetic products do you swear by? 
Sarah: Thank you!  I try to stay out of the sun as much as possible, but when I am in it I put on MAC moisturizer because there is sunscreen already in it!




SE: Many people have a love/hate relationship with the fashion industry. What do you like about the industry? Dislike? 
Sarah: I personally love the adrenalin rush and the free pampering.  I love chatting with folks while getting pampered as well. It’s like a free spa day for me, kind of.  As far as dislikes, you have to be spontaneous with your time.  It’s a ‘hurry up… and wait’ kind of industry. 

SE: Any advice for other young models that are looking for a start in the business? 
Sarah: Stay true to yourself! Stay positive, stay classy, be on time to castings, and do your homework.  Make connections along the way with people already in the industry. Oh, and workout, and eat lean! The industry is trending in a new and healthier way. Strong is the new Skinny!

SE: What is something you wish you could do more of? 
Sarah: PHILANTHROPY! 

SE: With your recent move to NYC, what's the one thing you absolutely had to bring from home with you?
Sarah: Pepper Spray.   jk…but really.

Watch out for more Sarah as she takes NYC by storm!! 

xoxo,
B&M 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah,
    It's great to hear the Yayah show was one of your favorite jobs, it was one of mine too. A crazy day to be sure, but one of the most fun hair-do'in days of my life. And of course you were magnificent :)
    Vivian Moore
    Mitchell's Salon & Day Spa

    ReplyDelete